Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Spotlight on Ibirus @ SCS

The minute I saw her card, I knew I had to CASE it!  So beautiful and easy to make.  I'm adding a link to her beautiful gallery.  Go check it out!
This was also the last card we made at the Open House on Tuesday.
Recipe: Stamp set by SU! Kind & Caring Thoughts (Hostess set level 3).
Papers: Pacific Point, Vellum and Whisper White.
Ink: Craft White.
Accessories: Embosslits Die Beautiful Wings (118138- mini catalogue), Big Shot Die Cut Machine (113439), White Signo Gel Pen ((105021), Pearls by Paper Studio, Piercing Tool (116631).

I received an interesting email the other day.  This stamper was letting me know how lame she thinks I am.  Reason is I almost always use other people's ideas.  So, I guess I feel I need to defend myself and thought it is likely many other people feel the same.  So, here are a few thoughts:

1- As nicely as I can say this... if you don't like me or my blog, don't check it out.  Very simple.
2- Some people are very left brainy and not creative at all.  That would be me.
3- I love to stamp but I either need a sketch to get me started or I copy someone else's ideas.  I always give credit where credit is due and hope the stampers I spotlight will feel honoured as that is how it is meant to be.
4- The reason I started this blog is so that I hoped I could inspire someone else to make cards.  That's it! 
5- I have no interests in entering contests in the hopes of winning anything.  It wouldn't be OK to enter a contest with a card I copied from someone else.  I've never done that and I never will.
6- Wishing a happy day to everyone  :)

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Wow! You did a fantastic job on this! And since I'm the one you CASEd so I will say that I'm honored and flattered that you were inspired by my card. I'm tickled that you added a link to my gallery and thank you for that. The faux stitching is very sweet and really adds to the card. I'm so glad I could inspire another stamper! Lovely card! Lynn (lbirus on SCS)

Kristen H said...

How awful that someone would say such rude "CRAP" on your blog. Not very nice. I would love to know who does do anything truly creative, unless you design your own paper, stamps, colors... you are basically using someone else's creation in the first place.
I LOVE this card, I love the pearls on the butterflies, so pretty!!! I love the white on the blue.
And I love your blog!
You can come and case cards from me anytime. I am an artist... but couldn't do a math problem to save my soul! Oh well.
To each her own.

Abounding Treasures said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :o)

I always feel that when credit is given, it shouldn't matter that you've gotten inspiration from someone else's idea or layout ... after all, they should be honoured and as you say, it's not like you're using their layout or making an exact duplicate to enter a contest or anything! :o)

When I first began creating cards in Feb 2009, that's the ONLY WAY I could start! I always had no creative talent at all and trying my hand at wonderful layouts and such that I found online, got me TRYING to do them on my own.

From there, I watched lots of youtube tutorials and such and learned more.

Eventually, I was a tiny bit brave and decided to make a blog and challenge myself ... even if no one else was the least bit interested in what I was attempting.

The icing on the cake has been *meeting* others as delighted and passionate about card making as I am and being a part of a wonderful creative community!

Too bad you received such an email but your response is very generous and simple to understand and should smooth out any *ruffled feathers* I hope :o)

Blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin