Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Quilting

I have been very busy with fabric these last few weeks. Mostly buying. :)


Our Church in involved in a humanitarian project and our ward was asked to make 100 quilts. It is a huge project considering we only have 3 months to do this. I am so excited to be part of this project though and once the kids are back in school, I will have more time to devote to this task.


I have awesome friends who are helping me and I am very greatful for them. So, all this to say that I won't be posting a lot of projects in the next 2 months due to this. We'll see how it goes.

This grogeous lady is sister Marjorie Hinckley. She passed away a few years ago but I wanted to share a few quotes from her. She has inspired me in many ways.

She said things like, "Well, you'd better enjoy your children because if you don't you'll make yourself miserable."

"I've found you can laugh or you can cry in life. I choose to laugh because crying gives me a headache."

"I try to make people comfortable with what they are and who they are. And let them know that they're appreciated and that they're making a contribution. They are. It's a rough world out there, the road has not been paved all the way for any of us. We all have a small place in our hearts where we store up our sorrows and our disappointments. Let's be kind to one another and cheer each other on."

And my favourite, "Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle"

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin