Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Spotlighting Tessa again!


Because I am not a creative person, I rely on others for inspiration. It's one of those left brain, right brain kinda thing. I always did better in science than art. So, here I am again, copying someone else's wonderful card. This is Tessa's card. I just love how clean and simple it is!! I changed the colours because I wanted to use the new In Colours from SU!
Thought I'd share a funny thought... when my youngest was 5, she asked me one day "When was I born? Like what date?" I told her "May 22nd" With big eyes, she then replied: "you mean I was born on my birthday !!!!!!!" She was so surprised and thrilled that I didn't dare burst her bubble :) I said: "yep, you were born on your birthday, pretty special huh!" I still chuckle every time I think about it. I love kids :) And to quote Dr Laura, I am glad to be my kids' mom.
Recipe: Stamps by SU! Teeny Tiny Wishes (115370) and The More the Merrier (Hostess set Level 3)
Ink: Melon Mambo
Papers: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay and Dusty Durango.
Accessories: Melon Mambo Ribbon ( 115611), White Gel Pen (105021), Pop Dots, Piercing Tool (116631) and Template (105826), 1 1/4 inch Square Punch ( 104400), Versamark (102283) and White Embossing Powder (109132).
Thanks for stopping by and have a happy day tomorrow!

6 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

this is WAY cute, chickie! LOVE those new colors! and i love what your daughter said. sounds like something my 4 yr old kight say these days... don't you just love this age? :)

Lisa Carroll said...

oops, something she MIGHT say... LOL! :P

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I like your colorful cupcake squares. This is a great case. And a great combo of the in-colors which I have been struggling to like.

What a fun story about your daughter. My mom's birthday is May 22nd too.

Tessa Wise said...

Great job! I love it with the new colors! Hee! Anytime anyone CASEs a card I'm thrilled... Thank you!

And, your birthday story gave me a great smile today! That is just too cute!

Heather P. said...

What a fabulous card! And I *love* that story about your daughter... Kids are the cutest! :)

Jenny L. said...

Cuuuuuuute card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin