Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Masking technique with Lovely as a Tree

I have had computer problems for the last few weeks and I was very busy too and I finally have some time tonight to upload a card I made for a Shoe Box Swap I hosted recently. I will post the other cards later this week.



I have seen many cards made with this set and so many of them are gorgeous!!! Here is a link to the gallery on SCS http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=604 where you can see them. I always like to give credit to the person who inspired me but this time, there are so many people who have made similar cards that I just don't know who to give credit to!! So, thanks to everyone at SCS for your inspiring work and here is how I made my card.



List of supplies needed:


- Lovely as a Tree stamp set (p. 106) and Heard form the Heart (p. 145)


- Baja Breeze and Night of Navy Classic Ink pad (p. 164)


- Papers: Night of navy, Baja Breeze ( p.164) and Shimmery White (p. 166)


- 1 1/4 inch Circle Punch (p.188)


- Sticky note


- Stamping Sponge (p. 193)


- Adhesives





Stamp the sentiment first, in Night of Navy Classic Ink pad at the bottom of the Shimmery White paper ( 4 3/4 by 3 1/2 inches)




Stamp your Lovely as a tree stamp in Night of Navy a little bit to the right of your shimmery White paper.


Stamp your image again onto the paper a little bit to the left but this time, don't ink it up. It will stamp a lighter image but this helps create the illusion of depth.


Your image should look like this



Use your circle punch to create a "moon". Place it wherever you'd like.



Using your stamping sponge, dip it into the Baja Breeze Classic Ink pad. Dab the excess on a scrap sheet first and then sponge the surface you want to colour.



Remove your circle and see the moon appear :) Cool effect isn't it!!


Finish up your card by adhering it to a 5 x 3 3/4 inch Night of Navy cardstock, and adhere that to your card base which is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4.

I tried to capture the shimmer from the white paper but it is hard. I have to say it is very cool in real life :)

I need to go, time to go watch 24 !!!! Woohoo!!!


Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Monday!!


2 comments:

Krishna Lekshmi said...

Beautiful!!!

Regards,
SBL photoshop masking

Marie said...

This card is awesome!! Thanks for sharing how you did it! I love it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin