Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Homage to Lisa


I am very excited to feature or pay homage to a super awesome artist. Her name is Lisa and here is a link to the card that inspired this one: http://my-little-ink-spot.blogspot.com/2008/05/pink-happy-heart.html.



I absolutely love everything she does. I have added her blog to my list on the right. Go check it out!

Thanks Lisa for the inspiration :)

My daughter needed a card for a friend that will no longer be in her class next year because she is moving. She and her friend have been very close and she is so sad they won't be in first grade together. I hope she'll like it.


Stamps: Hero Arts, SU!'s Watercolor Joy standard wheel, Stampendous clear stamps Petal Plus set (sentiment). Papers: SU! Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Basic Black. Ink: Black and Pixie Pink. Accessories: SU! markers, ribbon by May Arts , Gems by The Paper Studio, dimensionals and Fun Flock .






I tried to capture what Fun Flock looks like and it is hard to do! Fun Flock is like small fuzzy powder and you apply it like you would apply glitter. First, use a two way glue pen, then sprinkle the Fun Flock. It comes in several colours. I used Caramel Latte Tan on the hair and Cotton Ball white on the shirt to make it look like a sweater. It is such a fun little detail to add to cards or scrapbook pages. I saw that Lisa used it on a card that she posted on her blog and I am so glad I tried it. It is so fun to work with!
Thanks for stopping by and have a happy day tomorrow!

5 comments:

Tami H said...

Just love this! I saw it at two peas but didn't notice the flocking...so adorable! Sorry your daughter's friend is moving...it's hard at any age but when they're so young it's a difficult thing. My daughter has a very close friend moving away next week too...just sad for both of them. :( I was thinking of making up a bunch of notecards to give her friend so they can keep in touch. Anyway, I got kind of carried away there...thanks for sharing this cute card! :)

Lisa Carroll said...

Oh my goodness, Jacynthe! :) Your card is simply adorable! The flocking looks fabulous and I absolutely LOVE the little bling on her skirt! I am just flattered beyond words that you would be inspired by li'l ol' me. You totally made my day! Thank you! :)

(PS - I got your comment over at my blog... things are super crazy right now, as I have out-of-town guests coming soon, and the end of school, etc., but I will peamail you soon so we can get together. Meeting up at an Archiver's sounds awesome! :))

Lisa Carroll said...

I'm so sorry, in my silly excitement, I forgot to say that I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's friend moving away. It is a tough thing to lose a close friend when you're young. Good thing about being young is that they rebound very quickly. ;) I think this card is perfect for her!

Jennybug said...

This is really cute. I love the little skirt! Hope your day is happy!

Jenny L. said...

Very cute. Lisa is a great inspiration, for sure! Hope your daughter is well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin