Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

I only had 5 minutes!!


I've had to put this blog on the back burner for a while. We went on our family vacation to Lake Powell and it has been super busy since we came back. Today, my son had to leave for a birthday party and I realized that I hadn't made a card yet. Yep, 5 minutes is all I had!! It turned out OK considering I had no inspiration at all and the stress of being short on time didn't help. Oh well! it's a good thing 11 year old boys don't fuss too much about how good a birthday card looks :P
Supplies: Stamp by Hero Arts
Papers: SU!'s Night of Navy, Shimmery White, Real Red and Mellow Moss. Paper Studio for pattern paper.
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Pop Dots, SU! Markers.
I thought I'd share a simple spiritual thought:
by : Gordon B. Hinckley
"I come to you tonight with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we try to 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort. Now I am not asking that all criticism be silenced. Growth comes of correction. Strength comes of repentance. Wise is the man or woman who can acknowledge mistakes pointed out by others and change his or her course."What I am suggesting is that you turn from the negativism that so permeates our modern society and look for the remarkable good among those with whom you associate, that we speak of one another's virtues more than we speak of one another's faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears. When I was a young man and was prone to speak critically, my wise father would say: 'Cynics do not contribute. Skeptics do not create. Doubters do not achieve.' "
"Be Not Afraid, Only Believe," CES Fireside for Young Adults, Sept. 9, 2001
Thanks for stopping by and have a happy Sunday!

4 comments:

Genevieve said...

i love the card- i think it is way cute. and i love the thought- thanks for sharing!!

Godelieve said...

What a great "5 minutes card"! It looks really fabulous. Sometimes the quick and easy cards are just the best, like this one.

Heather P. said...

This is fantastic!!

Unknown said...

I love the card. It's so simple and it pops! It's hard to come up with a boy birthday card sometimes. Thanks for sharing. :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin